We have bars of soap in all our bathrooms but I like to keep liquid soap by the kitchen sink for when my hands are manky with dough or minced meat. It’s super easy and cheap to make
- 1 tsp of finely grated soap
- 200ml of boiled water
- Mix the grated soap with the boiled water
- If the grated soap doesn’t dissolve fully, heat mixture on high at 30 second intervals until it’s all dissolved.
- Stir and check that all the soap has been dissolved
- Leave to cool
- When cool poor into a soap dispenser.
If the soap is too thick when it’s cools add 30ml of water and heat for 2 minutes, stir and leave to cool. Repeat until soap is desired consistency.
You will be surprised just how potent the soap is, don’t be tempted to add in too much grated soap because if you do you’ll end up making tons of liquid soap!
You can try this recipe with any soap but if you’re buying some specifically then, if your budget allows, aim to buy palm oil-free soap, preferably unwrapped or if that’s not possible in paper packaging.